среда, 27 мая 2020 г.

Use of English Test
28/05/2020

       Today, you are writing a test.
Send your completed test to my email.
Choose Past Simple, Past Perfect, Past Perfect Continuous, - ing form, to-
infinitive or infinitive without to.

1. While I was listening to the music, somebody ... into the room.
a. came
b. had come
2. I enjoyed this film even though I... it before.
a. saw
b. had seen
3. I tried to touch John in the morning but he already —
a. left
b. had left
4. The teacher ... that the pupil didn’t know the lesson.
a. understood
b. had understood
5. I... my composition by the end of the lesson.
a. wrote
b. had written
6. He told me he ... football before.
a. played
b. had played
7. When I... the door everybody was there.

a. opened
b. had opened
8. We ... him when we lived in Italy.
a. met
b. had met
9. At first I... the book, then I saw the film.
a. read
b. had read
10. When I... on the bus, I realized that I had forgotten my key.
a. was
b. had been
11. I didn’t know her address because I... the note with it.
a. lost
b. had lost
12. He remembered this accident which he ... on the road.
a. saw
b. had seen
13. She ... as a nurse before she became a doctor.
a. worked
b. had worked.
14. The children ... up the dishes after the dinner.
a. washed
b. had washed
15. We met Ann last week. She ... better than before.
a. looked
b. had looked
16. They hope … the arsonist soon.
a) to catch
b) catching
c) catch
17. It`s too dark outside ….home alone.
a) walking
b) To walk
c) Walk
18. He enjoys …. detective stories.
a) to watch
b) to watching
c) watching
19. He is used… long hours.
a) to working
b) work
c ) to work
20. Sally ___________ this text for 3 hours before Mark came.
a) had typed
b) has been typed
c) had been typing

21. Anthony _________ for his airplane for 3 hours when its delay was
announced.
a) had been waiting
b) has waited
c) had waited

22. I saw many huge puddles. ______ it_______ hard?
a) was… raining
b) had… been raining
c) had… been rained


23. Sam did not even realize what a hard time Molly ______.
a) has been had
b) has been having
c) had been having

24. Rita _______ for a year and she was very fit when her ex-boyfriend met her.
a) had been training
b) has had training
c) had trained

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий